Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Not one picture turned out!

Hello my friends, welcome to my garden.  Not one picture from the luncheon turned out but I am still calling guests.  These are some pictures of my garden.  Doug put my earth boxes up on blocks so I can plant, weed, water and pick all from a wheelchair or walker.   My fairy sits between Doug's trucks.  You see tomatoes and peppers in these.

These lilies came from Chicago with us last year.  That is bee balm to the right  and 'love lies bleeding' in the black planters.


The peppers are looking pretty sad but are already putting out fruit.


More Peppers.  (Yum Pepper Jelly)


I did the back beds in Dragon Wing Begonia, they are supposed to get rather big so I planted them like 4 feet apart.  I think they are pretty and different.

I love yellow squash and this is looking good.
This is the first time I have tried watermelon in a square foot garden, we'll see.


More squash.

The topsy turvey tomatoes did well last year so we will see.
This is about 1/3 of my garden and will post more picutures soon. Also I have a giveaway for my 100th post coming up!   Cool huh?
I hope that my computer will let me have enough speed to look at other blogs, I miss them so.

8 comments:

  1. Lookin' good!!! We're gardening too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are off to a good start. No veggies growing here - I need to make a trip to the farmers' market. Probably to soon for much local produce.
    How is Bing doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jeanette,
    Your flowers are so pretty!
    That was so smart of Doug to lift your flower beds to wheelchair height! We love squash and tomatoes.. so if you have too much send them here! LOL
    I've missed you my friend and it is so good to read this post!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that none of your pictures from the luncheon turned out well. Hopefully the guests that attended the luncheon will come through for you.

    I've always wanted a garden but I hate being in the heat and we have crappy soil. So that's my excuse :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the pictures! If your squash and watermelon take off, your entire yard may be covered with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the pics, hope your friends/family have good ones. How sweet Doug accomodated your garden for you. You must have a green thumb, all those good plants. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your garden is impressive.
    Well my garden fried when I was away. My daughter never watered anything and when I returned, the steaming Florida sun dried EVERYTHING up. I've got nothing.
    Hope you are well. Would love to hear from you.
    Hugs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the garden! It looks like it's coming along nicely. Keep up the good work.

    ~Jenifer

    ReplyDelete