Tuesday, July 27, 2010

14 years ago today

Welcome Friends......
Did you know that 14 years ago today was the bombing at the Atlanta Olympics?  Yup July 27, 1996.  Guess how I remember.  You see Doug and I got married 14 years ago today and our videographer's daughter was at the Olympics.  The videographer was a wreck when she heard the news.  Folks didn't carry cell phones back then like they do now.  She started drinking wine real early awaiting news from her daughter.  I told her she didn't have to film the ceremony but she insisted.  I would like to share that video with you but I have no idea how.  So put on your imagination cap.....can you see it?  Shoes, lots of Sunday shoes, new carpet.  Yes, our entire wedding video is of the wedding party's shoes, the guest's shoes, everyone's shoes.  Oh and the new carpet at the church. 
I think it is the best wedding video ever.  Oh and her daughter was safe and sound.

 I wanted to get married in Vegas and Doug wanted the whole wedding ceremony.  So we had got married in a local church.  An Elvis impersonator was our photographer.  Yes he was.  Plus we had an Elvis impersonator at the reception.  It was a hoot.

My favorite uncle flew in from Germany to be a part of the wedding.  As I was about to walk into the church for the ceremony  Uncle Walter walked up to me.  I almost died right then and there.  Let me share with you, this is NOT the best time to surprise a bride!  Thank You Momma.  Uncle Walter walked me down the aisle.

Doug, I love you so much!  How you put up with my antics for 14 years is beyond me!  I am just glad you have.  Thank you for all you do to keep our family going strong!  Happy Anniversary!

I read and treasure each and every comment.  Thank you for stopping in.

11 comments:

  1. Oh what a story Jeanette!
    Yes this IS a great family story! one for the family history books!
    Were there any "Blue Suede Shoes" on the dance floor heehee!

    Congratulations on your anniversary too!
    God Bless You and your husband with many more wonderful moments!
    ~Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a very Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very happy anniversary...ours is Friday!
    How sweet that your uncle was able to attend and walk you down the aisle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!! I love the story of the video of shoes! How funny! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeanette,
    Happy Anniversary to you and Doug.
    I pray that even though you are apart, your hearts would be extra molded together today. You are a special couple, wish I could see the video, sounds like a great memory!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeanette! Happy Anniversary sweetheart. I loved every word of your post about your wedding day. It was so cute! May you and Doug have many, many more years of wedded bliss!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary...what an infamous date though!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary, Jeanette. How wonderful that your uncle was there to walk you down the aisle. Lovely memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated Anniversary to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary. I remember that day too btw, because I was also there with my girl scout troop and the Olympic Sailing team. My mom was very worried as well-- I was thirteen and away from home for the first time in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wedding video sounds awesome. ha ha! I think it's so cool you got married in Vegas with Elvis :-)

    Happy ANniversary to you both!

    ReplyDelete