Friday, January 29, 2010

Superbowl Chili on Meatless Monday


Come on in and check this out! With Superbowl Sunday right around the corner, I thought I would post a great Superbowl idea for this Meatless Monday at Sweet and Savory. Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili Recipe I got this recipe for vegetarian chili several years ago and have offered it as the meatless/vegetarian option at several fall events we host. It is always met with good reviews. I did not take this picture and have never frozen it but 3 different friends that have asked for the recipe say it freezes well.

Slow Cooker Meatless Chili
Ingredients
1 (19 ounce) can black bean soup
1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 (16 ounce) can vegetarian baked beans
1 (14.5 ounce) can chopped tomatoes in puree
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon chili powder, or to taste
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried basil
Directions
In a slow cooker, combine black bean soup, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, baked beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, bell pepper and celery. Season with garlic, chili powder, parsley, oregano and basil. Cook for at least two hours on High.
Now go hop on over to Sweet and Savory and meet with the other fabulous folks with the great Meatless recipes.
Thanks for stopping in and come on back now ya'hear! I love comments and would love it if you would leave one.
Jeanette

11 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy! I've been wanting to add some meatless meals to our week. This looks great except for the garbanzo beans(icky to me), but I could leave those out. Hope you are doing well on these busy days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good! I can smell it from here :) I love slow cooker recipes.
    Hope you are doing well.
    Thanks for being such a wonderful blogging friend.
    Blessings & Big HUGS,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jeanette!

    This recipe looks so good...we are chili eaters around here...I just made turkey chili last week to cut down on calories..but this would even be better...going to try it next week! Need to go to the grocery store..we've been snowed in!

    Happy Monday

    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love meatless chili the BEST - will try this recipe.

    Did you get my email on the signature?
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great recipe. Hubby loves chili but he does not care if it has meat or not. I am happier without it. This is the perfect dish for us.

    Thanks for linking up to Meatless Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chilli...one of my favourite foods..it really does make me happy. Happy February!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jeanette,
    That chili sounds so good. Yum, we all love chili esp. on cold nights!
    I'm so glad you'll be joining in on Gratitude Wednesday - I look forward to seeing your post!
    Thanks for stopping by, have a great week.
    XO
    Heidi - Heart and Home

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooo, sounds good! I'll have to try that! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds really good. I often make my chili with turkey rather than beef...but, I've never done one totally meatless.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yum! Thanks for sharing.

    ~Jenifer

    ReplyDelete