Sunday, August 15, 2010

I went to an auction today.

I went to an auction today and while they had some lovely things, everything sold way higher than I thought they would.  Onlineshopper this is for you.
I tried to buy it for you but they never got around to selling it.  LOL
These dishes were incredible.  They have the initial K.
<>
I can't read what it says but I bet they are high dollar!  They had incredible salt cellars also.
These were  my fav!  I love the colors.  They sold no dishes at all today.

Guess what I bought.  You are going to crack up.  When I was in college I bought a used funky chair for $5.00
They had a similar chair today.  Not nearly as nice and it cost $50!  LOL
I must be nuts.

I read and treasure every comment.  Have you found any goodies lately?
Jeanette

8 comments:

  1. Hey girl friend...love that dresser WOW!! I have one I had a bathroom sink put in years ago and still love it..Those poppies dishes are wonderful girl..I hope your having a GREAT Sunday my friend...Hugs and smiles to you, Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love auctons....too hot for them here right now, but they are fun aren't they. I am always amazed at what people pay for things!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had fun. Hate it when you keep waiting for something you want to come up and it doesn't! Show us your chair!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wayne and I used to go to auctions BK (before kids)! We still have some of the first pieces we bought together at a local auction house near our college. Our first kitchen table ($8), which now serves as a bedside table in our master bedroom and some cool 50's bar soda-shop stools ($4 a piece). Ahhh those were the days!
    I love the dresser and plates you scoped out! Very pretty! You will have to show us your new chair!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. No sales for me this weekend - did a major grocery shopping trip yesterday, and believe me, there were no bargains.:( I don't do well at auctions. I am one of these people that wants a price on an object and deal with that. I hope to start going back to the flea market again this Fall when it cools down.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did find a few goodies this weekend. We cleaned out my in-laws garage attic and I got to bring a few little treasures home. Hopefully, I will put up a sneak peek picture in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love to do things like that! (Haven't in a while, tho'.) Where's the pic of your chair?
    Blessings*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had fun and that's the important thing! Would love to see a picture of the chair too!
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete