Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Foodie Friday with Crockpot Onion Soup

    I am joining in Foodie Friday today. Please stop by and visit with all the posters and the wonderful creations.

  • We enjoyed French Onion Soup with our meal yesterday. Doug tried to get a picture in the crocks with melted cheese. That was not an attractive photograph. This is how yummy it looked still in the crock pot. I got this recipe a few years ago from Sharon on the HGTV website. I usually double it. Sometimes I use beef broth that I have put in the freezer. I usually use mozzerella cheese sprinkled over the bread and pop in the oven.


  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine


  • 6 beef bouillon cubes


  • 4 cups hot water


  • 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce


  • Sliced French bread


  • Grated Parmesan cheese


  • 3 large onions, thinly sliced


  • In large skillet, cook onions in butter until lightly browned. In the crockpot, combine browned onions in the butter, with the bouillon cubes, water, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Cover and cook on low four to six hours. Makes four servings. To serve, top each bowl of soup with a toasted slice of French bread then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Thank you for stopping by, I would love it if you would leave and comment and let me know you were here! Don't forget to stop in on Foodie Friday

7 comments:

  1. Hubby and I love French onion soup, but I haven't made it in years. Your crockpot recipe looks so good, and easy, that I think I'll make this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe and reminder. We haven't had this in a long time and it sounds great! Thanks for sharing and have a great Foodie Friday! (Come see my Norwegian Fruit Bread recipe.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We adore onion soup and the one you made for us looks perfectly luscious. I love that you've used a crockpot to make this. Have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your soup looks delicious. I picked up a big bag of onions this week at Sam's. Your blog is lovely!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. You soup looks delightful! We love french onion soup and I live that I can make this one in the crock pot! thanks for sharing... Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a GREAT!!! onion soup recipe and making it in the crock pot is a WONDERFUL!!! bonus.
    I have become a follower of your blog. I love to share recipes and ideas, come by and visit my blog and maybe do the same.
    geri

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love French onion soup. Will definitely try this sometime. Thanks for sharing! There's a Crockpot Wednesday event that you might want to participate in. I think she has Mr.Linky up already. http://diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete