Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My first Tablescape Thursday and Goodbye to an old Friend



I am so excited to be joining Susan, our gracious hostess from Between Naps on the Porch for Table scape Thursday. It is my first official participation. When we moved back to Georgia we purchased this table and chairs just to make do. I never cared for it. Good bye table and chairs!


Place mats and Napkins - QVC on clearance


Flatware - HSN - Colin Cowie


Glasses - K Mart


Soup Mug - Bed, Bath and Beyond - Six years ago


Plates and bread plates - QVC = 15 years ago


Candles - QVC Candle Impressions with timer


Wreaths - QVC - David Shindler


Wreaths on back of chair - Dollar Store



Although the wreath centerpieces are Christmas Wreaths, I think they look Autumnal . I am planning french onion soup which I will be featuring on Foodie Friday.


Thank you so much for stopping in. Don't forget to stop in and visit all the other table scapes with the lovely Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.

I would love it if you would leave a comment and check out my other posts.

Aunt Nette

15 comments:

  1. You have set a gorgeous table and I love the wreaths you have used on the table as your centrepieces because the colours are perfect for Autumn. I really love the idea of using the wreaths on the backs of your chairs too-must try that!
    Best wishes, Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the reds you have used and do agree with the fall feel to the bulbs around the candle--they are so warm and happy!! Can't believe you had all those wreaths for the chair--you have out-done yourself!!

    http://spindlecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely table you've set. Those little wreaths are just a perfect touch. I like your table and chairs! ;)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Tablescape Thursday, Jeanette!! I'm so glad you've joined in.
    Your table looks lovely....especially the dual centerpiece wreaths! They work for me!

    I ♥ the idea of tying the decorations to the backs of the chair. now if I can just remember to DO IT!! LOL

    fondly,
    Rettabug

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bright and colorful...I love the red linens that you used on the table setting. It is all very cheerful.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Tablescape Thursday. Cute idea to tie the wreaths to the backs of your chairs. Thanks for sharing this lovely setting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeanette--Don't get rid of that table and chair set--PAINT it!! Go over and have a look at mine--"new look for the nook" post! Love your plates and wreaths! I have never had the nerve to order from QVC. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice fall setting for your table! I love the "Christmas" candle wreaths, they just add to your festive table! ... Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very happy table with all the red...cute idea to adorn the backs of the chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You collected a nice assemblage of items that look great in your tablesetting!
    The table and chairs look fine to me; are you getting rid of them??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the red on the table and I love what you did to the back of the chairs with the wreaths.
    Such a cute ideal. Thanks for stopping by.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the wreaths on the backs of the chairs and I agree the wreath does have an Autumnal look.

    Christi @ A Southern Life
    http://asouthernlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome to TT! What a great first tablescape you've set -- looking forward to more. Love the wreaths on the chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jeanette! I'm so happy to meet you. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your table looks so cheerful! Sorry ,but I like your table and chairs too. They'd be perfect to repaint.
    Hope you stop by soon for a chat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute idea with the wreaths! I enjoyed coming over to your blog and will do so in the future. I am new to blogging myself, however having a ball, and seeing all the wonderful inspiration is only pumping me up more!!! Debbie Please stop over:)

    ReplyDelete