Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Let's Get ready for Thanksgiving

I try to get as much as possible ready before Thanksgiving day. I freeze these mashed potatoes and then the day before I need them, I put them in the fridge. When I need a large quantity I put them in the crock pot. Or you can bake in the oven. Either way, delish! Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes


Ingredients:
5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
8 ounces sour cream
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons onion salt
ground black pepper to taste
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Place potatoes in a large pot of lightly salted water. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, and mash.
3. In a large bowl, mix mashed potatoes, cream cheese, sour cream, milk, onion salt, and pepper. Transfer to a large casserole dish.
4. Cover, and bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven.



For large crowds like Thanksgiving, I put them in the crockpot. Sometimes I have to add a little milk but they warm nicely and keep the oven free for other goodies.
Thank you for stopping by, I would love it if you would leave a comment to let me know you were here!

No comments:

Post a Comment