Monday, November 9, 2009

What can we do?

This is reprinted with permission:


Soldiers’ Angels is a volunteer-led 501(c)(3) non-profit organization providing aid and comfort to the men and women of the United States Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, and their families. Founded by the mother of two American soldiers, we are an international, volunteer-led organization supporting America’s men and women in uniform. With over 30 different teams and projects, our nearly 200,000 volunteers assist veterans, wounded and deployed personnel and their families in a variety of unique and effective ways.
With the shootings at Fort Hood, the Soldiers’ Angels sprang into action. I’ll have to say, that is one of things you gotta love about them, they are women (and men) of action! So, what can you do?
SHOOTINGS AT FT. HOOD
Soldiers’ Angels is assessing the needs and with our founder currently residing in Texas, we will be standing by to offer physical and emotional support to our heroes and their families.
RIGHT NOW: Collecting encouraging cards and NEW stuffed animals for the families and children of the injured/killed. Please send cards and stuffed animals (and anything NEW that may brighten the life of a child) to:
Soldiers’ Angels
4408 PanAm Expressway
San Antonio, TX 78218
Spread this information on your blog and keep checking back here for updates! Also, here is a link to Scott & White Hospital for more information about their needs there. Currently, they have an urgent need of all types of blood. All of my wonderful friends in Texas, you are the best, please help out!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeanette:

    It's cakers1 from the Q viewpoints. I just wanted to say that your website is just beautiful and I've enjoyed browsing through here very much.

    One of these days I'm going to have my son help me set up a site so that I can share with the nice people I have met along the way.

    You share so much on the Q and I am so hesitant to do that. Thank you for being one of the nicest posters over there.

    I have a throw-away addy - it is bacino2012@yahoo.com The nic is Delta Dawn but my name is Peggy, so do drop me a line if you want. Please know that I don't check it very often, so if I don't respond right away it's because I don't check in every day.

    It's been a pleasure posting with you and I wish you all the best.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete